Suga’s Agust D Album ‘D-Day’ Launches at No. 1 on Top Rap Albums Chart
The project is the week’s best-selling album of any genre & sparks the BTS member’s first solo top 10 hit on the Hot Rap Songs chart.
Courtesy of BIGHIT MUSIC
BTS member Suga, who performs solo material under the alias Agust D, achieves his first No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Rap Albums chart as D-Day opens in the top slot of the list dated May 6. The project starts with 140,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending April 27, according to Luminate.
Album sales contribute most of D-Day’s first-week activity, with 122,000 copies sold. The six-figure haul makes D-Day the best-selling album of the week across all-genres. Streaming activity comprises 12,500 units (equaling 17.9 million on-demand official streams of the set’s tracks), while the remaining 5,500 are from track-equivalent units. (One unit equals the following levels of consumption: one album sale, 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams for a song on the album.)
Like many K-pop releases, the CD edition of D-Day was issued in collectible CD packages (seven total, including exclusives for Target, Walmart and the Weverse webstore) each containing a standard set of items and randomized elements (in this case, photo cards). It was also available as a standard digital download album, as well as three alternative cover digital download variants that were sold exclusively through the artist’s official webstore. Of D-Day’s first-week sales, 90% were CDs, while the remaining 10% were digital album downloads. The set was not available in any other retail format (such as vinyl or cassette).
D-Day gives Agust D a first champ on Top Rap Albums upon his second visit to the list. The 10-track D-2 mixtape debuted and peaked at No. 9 in June 2020. Elsewhere, D-Day enters at No. 1 on the World Albums chart and at No. 2 on the all-genre Billboard 200, behind only Morgan Wallen’s now eight-week champ, One Thing at a Time.
In addition to a first rap No. 1, Agust D also claims his first top 10 solo hit on the Hot Rap Songs chart as “Haegeum” begins at No. 9. The track sold 32,000 copies in the tracking week, with 23,000 of that from digital retailers; the latter figure allows for a No. 1 launch on the Rap Digital Song Sales chart and gives Agust D his fourth career champ there. “Haegeum” was also the week’s most-streamed D-Day track, with 4.6 million clicks. As Suga, the rapper first made the Hot Rap Songs’ top 10 with “Girl of My Dreams,” a collaboration with Juice WRLD, in December 2021.
Daily newsletters straight to your inbox
More From Pro