YouTuber Grace Victory ‘fit for discharge’ from hospital after coronavirus battle: ‘The end of this hellish journey is near’ thumbnail

YouTuber Grace Victory ‘fit for discharge’ from hospital after coronavirus battle: ‘The end of this hellish journey is near’

Grace Victory has told fans that she will soon be leaving hospital after being deemed ‘fit for discharge’ following her battle with coronavirus. 

The YouTuber, 30, was over the moon to announce that her ‘hellish journey’ was almost over and she would be able to go home. 

She tweeted: ‘Medically fit for discharge. I’m moving to a rehab centre and then I’m going home. The end of this hellish journey is near.’

Another tweet added: ‘Big up @NHSMillion who saved my life and held my hands through the darkness.’

Grace had been in intensive care for three months after being put into an induced coma while battling coronavirus. 

Doctors had initially given her an extremely low chance of survival, but Grace managed to pull through and left the ICU last month. 

Medically fit for discharge 😭ðŸ‘🽠I’m moving to a rehab centre and then I’m going home. The end of this hellish journey is near.

— Grace 🌱🕯 (@GraceFVictory) April 9, 2021

Big up @NHSMillion who saved my life and held my hands through the darkness.

— Grace 🌱🕯 (@GraceFVictory) April 9, 2021

She told her followers at the time: ‘The medical staff gave me a 5% chance of surviving Covid but because I’m me, I’ve been discharged from the ICU. I will never ever give up.

‘The entire time my family and Lee kept saying “you don’t know what she’s capable of” and the whole world sent me love. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.’

Grace had been admitted to hospital on Christmas Day, just a day after giving birth to her first child. 

Medics had had to deliver her baby early as the social media star was ‘too unwell to carry on with the pregnancy’. 

Grace had developed coronavirus near the end of her pregnancy and while she initially had mild symptoms, they ‘worsened as they days went on,’ according to her family, and had to be put into an induced coma to help her body fight it. 

Thankfully, at the end of the year her family shared another update to say she was ‘stable and responding well to treatment’ before she was brought round.

Got a story?  

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : Grace Victory shares snap of adorable baby son as she recovers after leaving ICU


MORE : YouTuber Grace Victory leaves ICU after waking from induced coma amid Covid battle: ‘I’ll never ever give up’

Showbiz