- Africa is the second largest continent on earth, approximately 11.7 million square miles.
- Africa straddles the equator and is the only continent to extend from the northern temperate zone to the southern temperate zone.
- Africa is the hottest continent on earth.
- Sudan is Africa’s largest country (968,000 square miles).
- Africa covers 6 percent of the earth’s total surface and 20.4 percent of the total land area.
- Cairo is the continents largest city.
- Long before humans were around (the early Mesozoic Era) Africa was joined to the other continents in a massive continent called Pangaea. Over millions of years this huge continent broke apart shaping the world landscape as we know it today.
- Africa harbors the world’s largest land animal which is the African elephant.
- The worlds tallest animal, the giraffe, lives in Africa.
- The fastest land animal in the world, the cheetah, lives in Africa
UN humanitarian chief Mark Lowcock today called on the international community to act faster to …
The African Union (AU) has suspended Sudan’s membership days after the military launched a brutal …