Kissing is one of the perfect symbols of intimacy in any relationship. However the way its done determines its results. Some people are not so conversant with how it should be done during what time and with who. They therefore end up messing up the whole thing instead of hyping it.
Below are some of the top tips that can get you a good kisser.
1. Good Kissers keep it real.
The #1 must-have for even a semi-decent kiss: You actually want to. If you’re kissing someone only because it feels like what you “should” be doing ~in the moment~ or because you feel weird pressure, then STEP AWAY FROM THE FACE.
2. Good kissers respect consent.
A well-timed “Can I kiss you?” can be swoon-worthy. Boundaries are important — you gotta make sure that you and bae are on the same page.
3. Good kissers understand the importance of setting.
Like your English teacher says: setting = time + place. Is the right spot for a first kiss at your grandma’s house, or in the middle of an argument, or when you have the flu? Probably not.
4. Good kissers stay fresh.
Would you want to be thisclose to someone’s face space only to find that their mouth smells like the rubbish pit? If you’re anticipating a trip to Makeout Town, avoid the stank-inducing foods like garlic, onions, processed Cheetos-like cheese,eggs, ground nuts etc. It’s basic manners.
5. Good Kissers keep calm and carry balm.
No one can hate when your gloss game is strong, but actually mashing that onto a human’s face is gross and cruel and no. Bae is probs trying to kiss your actual lips, not your Melon Mango Primer, so stick to that good ol’ neutral lip balm.
6. Good ones talk it out.
Listen, #aintnobodygottime for bleh makeouts. Expert kissers skip to the good parts by taking control and mentioning the things you do like (“So, that tongue move you just did. Yasss.”), and show them alternatives to the things you don’t.(“Hey, instead of that … toothy … situation you did with my lip, how about you just graze it gently, like this?”)
7. Good kissers move like “You are my mirror”
- I’m not mad at envisioning J.Timbs when kissing anyone, and
- Bomb-dot-com kisses are a mirror dance — meaning, mimic: Slow down, take note of the things bae does, and gently do it back. Bust out moves you’d want them to do to you. Remember that the show’s not all about you: You’re both in control of this dance.
8. Good kissers know: Less is everything
Thinking too hard about going for some ~sexy trick~ you learned is how makeout seshes end up feeling like dental cleaning. Pro kissers know to start off small and slow, and to only #turnup if you feel like it’s right. Oh, you’ll know.
9. Good ones are anti-hickey.
Question: Who thought it’d be sexy to literally be a mouth vacuum? Oh, no one? GREAT — then we’re officially retiring The Hickey. Be nice to Bae’s neck: Small kisses down from the jaw or gentle lip-brushes FTW.
10. Good kissers know that lips are for basics.
- Under the jawbone.
- Soft spot behind the earlobe.
- The UGH-so-cute little dip in the collarbone.
- Tip of the nose.
- Inside the wrist.
- CLOSED EYELID.